The Residency Trailer & Assembly:
The concept of this residency started as a pilot in 2019 and was the result of a keen observation of the demand for such solutions and support.
This residency is designed to assist filmmakers in the beginning of their journeys with their respective projects. The idea is to give quick and fast access to editing facilities. This support is suitable for filmmakers who might need to develop trailers and assemblies to apply to further funding, or conceptualize their visual material for further development.
- You are a filmmaker from the Arab world / Africa, You are of Arab/ African descent, you are from the Arab / African diaspora
- You have a documentary or a hybrid audiovisual project (inclusive of web series, video essays , art videos and animation work)
- You’re project is in the Development stage / Production stage
- You have not reached a first cut of editing yet
- You want to edit a trailer, a draft, or an assembly cut.
Form of Support:
- Access to the DOX BOX fully-equipped professional editing suite for a period ranging from 1 – 4 weeks in Berlin
- Technical and Artistic support in the form of consultancies (when requested)
- Membership in the DOX BOX Community and access to webinars and resources.
The Residency is located in the DOX BOX editing suite in Berlin. The support does not include boarding or flights. However, an official invitation letter could be drafted when needed for facilitating entry requirements to Germany
How to Apply:
- The application form is available here. Applications are accepted in Arabic, English and French
- Applications are accepted year round with appraisals taking place in the first week of every month for applications submitted the month before, with cut off dates being the 29th of each month.