The second cycle of WHY RIGHTS MATTER, the online course launched by DOX BOX as an introduction to the rights associated with producing and distributing documentary films.
The application process for this cycle started on May, 3rd, and closed on May, 29th 2017.
- 9 applications were submitted from 3 different Arab countries. The breakdown goes as follows: Morocco (1), Egypt (7) and Jordan (1)
- 66% of the applications were made in Arabic, 34% were made in English, not was made in Tamazight or Kurdish, nor German.
- 55% of the applications were made by applicants in the age bracket 30 – 39 years old, 33% between 25 – 29 years old and 12% over 40.
- The gender split of applicants is 66% females and 34% of males
- 66% of applicants come from media and journalism and 33% are independent film professionals (directors, producers, editors, curators).
Final assessment of applications:
- All applications were eligible and examined by the Selection Committee
- The Selection Committee consisted of film producer and the instructor of the e-course Benjamin Cölle, filmmaker and General Director of DOX BOX Diana El Jeiroudi, and the E-learning coordinator Anastasia Levy
- The committee thoroughly reviewed the merits of each application and selected 6 applicants to participate in the e-course as follows:
- 4 from Egypt, 1 from Jordan, 1 from Morocco
- 3 producers including 2 production company managers
- 3 multimedia journalists / TV documentary directors